Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Myartspace Interviews: Mark Jenkins, Anthony Lister, BASK

Interview with Mark Jenkins:

"There is opposition, and risk, but I think that just shows that street art is the sort of frontier where the leading edge really does have to chew through the ice. And it's good for people to remember public space is a battleground, with the government, advertisers and artists all mixing and mashing, and even now the strange cross-pollination taking place as street artists sometimes become brands, and brands camouflaging as street art creating complex hybrids or impersonators." -- Mark Jenkins
READ MORE

Interview with Anthony Lister:
"Rodin makes me cry, Picasso makes me smile, the Chapman brothers make me laugh out loud, Egon Schiele makes me shake my head with admiration, Bacon makes me jump and so on and so forth. But really- my most enlightened artistic experiences are with my children when I see their works on paper." -- Anthony Lister
READ MORE
Interview with BASK:

"I'm definitely an optimist. Actually a lot of my work pokes fun at the elements around us, good or bad. Unfortunately, most good art comes from struggle and a sense helplessness-- as if your only voice to be heard is through your art. The current state of affairs lends itself to the arts pretty well." -- BASK

Take care, Stay true,
Brian Sherwin
Senior Editor

No comments: